Monday, April 22, 2013

Disney Fantasy part II

Day 4:
This day didn't turn out at all as I had planned. Today was the day to visit the Mayan ruins in Costa Maya. I've been sick pretty much the entire trip and today it really caught up with me. I just didn't have it in me to do this excursion. So, I stayed behind to rest while the Hurley's did the ruins. I rested, read and napped while they explored. Turns out it was probably wise of me to bail. The heat and humidity were nearly unbearable for them and anyone who knows me, knows I can't handle heat and humidity at all.
That evening, I went to the amazing Walt Disney Theatre and watched Oz in 3D. I really enjoyed it!
I felt better after the day of much needed rest!

Day 5:
This was Cozumel and one of the most fun days of my life...I got to swim with dolphins! WOW!!
The dolphin kissed me, I kissed the dolphin, we held hands / fins,  and I held on tight as she swam about 50 yards with me. It was just as much fun to watch Parker, Jacob and Matthew do the same things. I highly recommend these experience to everyone!
When we returned to the ship, we watched another great, live show and then went to the pirate themed dinner. After dinner, there was lots of pirate fun on deck that ended with an amazing fireworks display. A very full and fun day indeed!

Day 6:
This was another day at sea. I don't remember all the specifics, but I know enjoyed much of what the ship had to offer. One of the big things for this ship is the AquaDuck water coaster. It is a lot of fun, but if you suffer with neck problems, I don't recommend it...ouch!
Another live show, another great dinner and more great fun!

Day 7:
Our last day on the ship. We arrived at Disney's private island in the Bahamas called Castaway Cay. It is a really nice place. We didn't book anything specific here, just swam in the beautiful waters of the Caribbean and enjoyed more great food at their island BBQ. A relaxing, fun day, but I forgot my sunscreen. The others, who all used sunscreen got burnt, so you can imagine how I looked! We had more fun on board and made the most of our last day. Sad that it had to end so soon!

I highly recommend a Caribbean cruise to you all and I think (after talking to many people) that Disney does it best!

No comments: